Buckeye Partners, L.P.’s Tailored Cloud Solution
Buckeye Partners, L.P. has been a loyal customer of LoadSpring since 2014. They are the largest independent liquid petroleum product pipeline operator in the United States; they expertly distribute petroleum in the East and Midwestern regions of the U.S. They manage well over 6,000 miles of petroleum pipelines, operate 100 truck-loading terminals, and supply aviation fuel to major airports in New York City. If that isn’t impressive enough, their global petroleum terminal network consists of more than 115 terminals with an aggregate tank capacity of over 118 million barrels. Even ultra-successful global companies like Buckeye Partners, L.P. experience challenges with their Cloud strategies. They’ve come to understand that leveraging the knowledge and best practices from Cloud experts (that’s us!) makes them more efficient, which in turn improves their bottom line.
Before LoadSpring came into the picture, Buckeye Partners, L.P. was managing all their PMO applications and Cloud strategy in-house; at a critical juncture they realized that they needed help with these tasks. Project managers and team members needed the ability to run their project control applications quickly and efficiently, and the IT team needed to provide a reliable platform of servers, networking, and databases with guaranteed uptime. Management also needed insight into best practices and timing for software updates. It became clear that they required a Cloud solutions provider with expertise in project management solutions.
While hunting for a Cloud solutions provider, it was crucial that the selected provider aligned with Buckeye’s core values of commitment to excellent service and ethical business practices. Thankfully, they found LoadSpring.
LoadSpring’s team of Cloud experts developed a tailored cloud solution using LoadSpring Cloud Platform to provide Buckeye Partners, L.P. with:
- Highly secure access for team members to run their project controls applications
- A reliable platform of servers, networking, and databases with guaranteed uptime
- Disaster recovery
- A regularly tested business continuity plan
LoadSpring continues to work closely with Buckeye Partners, L.P.’s Enterprise PMO to ensure they are reaping the benefits of utilizing our Cloud platform and that all of their applications are running at peak performance. To this day, LoadSpring has been the only Cloud solutions provider that Buckeye Partners, L.P. uses, and we can’t thank them enough for their loyalty. Buckeye Partners, L.P. truly values our expertise and support to manage their project portfolio management and scheduling applications.
- Support to manage Oracle PPM and Oracle P6 to help boost project profitability.
- Reduce the risk of data loss and create a more secure disaster recovery environment.
- Determine when software upgrades are rolled out (version management), which is done quickly and easily
via LoadSpring Cloud Platform.
- Streamline license usage/reporting, which reduces costs and dramatically boosts business efficiency.
LoadSpring has made the following contributions to Buckeye Partners L.P.’s project success:
- LoadSpring Private Cloud Enterprise to 4-hour RTO and 4-hour RPO
- Dedicated Enterprise Customer Manager (Business Analyst) Technical Account Management
- Advanced Identity Management for Federated Login to LoadSpring Cloud Platform using Buckeye Partners, L.P. login
- Hosting and Management of the following Applications:
- 250 users – Oracle PPM
- 2 User Acceptance Testing sites for Oracle PPM Archive and Test/Dev
- 50 users – Primavera P6
- User Acceptance Testing site for P6
- 3 Web Services to connect P6 Prod, Dev and Training sites to Buckeye Partners systems of record outside of LoadSpring
- 2 Users – MS Office
Is your company in need of a Cloud solutions provider for your project management applications? Don’t settle for anything but the best! The experts at LoadSpring are ready to transport you into the future!
Regardless of your project difficulty or complexity, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today at email@example.com or call us directly at 978-685-9715.
Never Miss a Thing
Sign up for the LoadSpring newsletter